HomeHome       Rules Rules  FAQFAQ  CensusCensus  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

The Sun is Filling Up The Room (p)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sorella
Admin

Coins : 5674

PostSubject: The Sun is Filling Up The Room (p)   Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:39 am

It was about four in the morning when Ian Virgo left his home this morning. He had himself dressed for the day, appropriate to what he needed to wear for what he was doing. He wore a pair of dark blue jeans held up by his black belt. He had on a flannel buttoned up and tucked into his pants, along with his boots and his hat on top of his head. The hat would serve as protection from the heat later on in the day.

It was about an hour out that he had made it to his destination. It was Sunnyvale Ranch. The ranch he used to work at, and now he mostly just volunteered his time to the older couple. They weren't able to do as much as they used to, but the Ranch was the only income that they had. Ian had been working for hours, attending to all the crops. Watering and checking to see if any were ready for harvest. By the time he was finished it was about one in the afternoon. The sun had been beating down on him fairly hard. He took his hat off, grabbed his bagged lunch and the ice cold glass of lemonade that Susanna had offered him.

He was walking out passed the gate and decided to sit under some of the trees that were a little off the property for some shade. As he sat down he put his hat back on and began to drink his lemonade. As he looked out in the distance he could see something a little out of the norm. He could see an orange/red colour. Usually that was normal to see in the autumn when the leaves were turning colours, but this was summer and everything was mostly green. He was fairly sure it was a human, but he couldn't tell. He decided to wait in his spot a bit, just watching from a distance to see if the person got closer or not. It could be possible it was a monster, in which case Ian wasn't completely prepared for that.

Karla

Coins : 799

PostSubject: Re: The Sun is Filling Up The Room (p)   Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:07 am

Katy ran as fast as she possibly could towards the ranch, it represented a suitable defensive position. She could only hope that Dimitri, her hawk might be able to find her located there. The other two hunters she embarked upon the mission with were dead, slain by the very creature which now pursued her. The Hunter risked a glance over her shoulder, the Chimera had not closed the distance yet nor had Katy managed to increase it.
She bitterly regretted the damage to her preferred weapon, her crossbow as well as the loss of one of her daggers. Her left arm burned with raw agony, the solitary gash leaking dark crimson.

Focusing on her goal, the attractive daughter of Himeros saw a figure, a man she realised. The Hunter waved at him with her good arm, trying to get his attention, trying to get him to run or fight or escape. "Run!" She yelled at the top of her voice. It should not matter that he was a man, his life mattered just as much as anyone else.
The Chimera roared behind her, encouraged by her cry to the other individual.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sorella
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Sun is Filling Up The Room (p)   Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:39 pm

Ian could see the figure with the red hair getting closer and closer to him. It appeared something was chasing the girl. Ian didn't have a weapon on him to fight the monster at the moment. Instead he grabbed his sandwich and began to run. He knew he had kept his gladius in his truck, he just had to get to that.

While running he unwrapped his sandwich and took a bite. It was hard to do anything on an empty stomach. He could finally see his truck in view and he grabbed what he was looking for as well as his bow and arrows. He put the quiver on and he climbed into the bed of the truck.

The blond grabbed an imperial gold tipped arrow and notched it on the bow and began to take aim. The arrow embedded into the Chimera and it slowed it down a bit. "Come on, get in the truck bed. It'll be easier" He yelled to the red head and he extended out his free hand to her while keeping an eye on the Chimera.

Karla

PostSubject: Re: The Sun is Filling Up The Room (p)   Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:06 am

Wow, he is hot. The entirely inappropriate thought came to her unbidden as she accepted his hand up with her good arm. Katy with effort managed to push the thought aside. Pain flared through her left arm as she banged into on the side of the truck as she clambered with his aid into the bed of the truck.
She drew her silver dagger with her good arm, her ginger hair flowing behind her in the wind as she stared at the monster with him.
"Katy. Daughter of Himeros." The red haired girl told him as she attempted to gather her strength and catch her breath.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sorella
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Sun is Filling Up The Room (p)   Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:17 am

Her hand was soft and delicate. It was the first thing he noticed upon grabbing her hand and helping to pull her up. He apologized as she hit the side of the truck. When she was finally up he got a better look at her. Her hair was still the most intriguing thing about her. To have such vibrant hair, you just never see it that much. Ian mentally shook his head to deal with the matter at hand.

"Ian. Son of Mars, legacy of Volturnus. Please to meet ya." He said and then grabbed another arrow out of his quiver. He notched it and took aim once again before pulling back on the string and letting go. Another arrow shot into the chimera. That was when Ian realized her one arm was hurt. "After this is over I can heal that for you." He said still keeping at least one eye on the creature.

Karla

PostSubject: Re: The Sun is Filling Up The Room (p)   Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:57 pm

"Likewise." She replied with a surprisingly friendly tone, considering most of her comrades were incredibly reluctant to spend any amount of time near a man. "First let us make sure that there is an after." A thin smirk crossed her lips. "I don't mind if you rip your shirt to make a bandage or anything." Katy winced, mentally kicking herself.
It was the simple fact that Katy would flirt with just about everyone, and because of it the other hunters tried to keep her out of reach of those outside the Hunters.

A task made more difficult because of how attractive Katy happened to be. She stood trying to appear calm as she studied the monster. The chimera appeared reluctant to attack, as if it were studying them. Then, the beast opened it's jaws and unleashed it's fire breath.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sorella
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Sun is Filling Up The Room (p)   Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:18 pm

There wasn't any sign of the ginger haired girl being hostile, which was good. As he watched the chimera he pulled his sandwich out again and took another bite. He wasn't going to let this thing ruin his lunch break. As he put it back he nodded his head in agreement that they should make sure there is an after. Although, Ian was fairly confident there was going to be one.

An eyebrow of his raised as he heard her comment about ripping his shirt to make a bandage and he chuckled a bit. "Not what I meant. I can heal with water and I volunteer at a hospital a lot, but if you're super keen on me ripping my shirt to make a bandage, I suppose I could do that too." He said teasing her still laughing a bit. Ian did get flirted with a bit, but he wasn't expecting it in their current situation.

Ian watched as the chimera began to open up it's mouth. He knew if he wanted a chance to kill this thing, that's where a good vulnerable spot would be. Once again he grabbed and arrow and quickly notched it with a quick aim. He was working on little time. He pulled the string back as quick as he could releasing the arrow as it flew into the chimera's mouth as soon as the fire breath was unleashed. In a matter of moments the chimera burst into dust.

Karla

PostSubject: Re: The Sun is Filling Up The Room (p)   Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:28 pm

Her cheeks flushed a deep crimson, Katy stammered to reply something. "Thanks." She eventually managed to say. The hunter had been about to try and jump off of the truck before the chimera's attack reached them. However, she did not need to in the end as Ian managed to kill the chimera with a well placed arrow.
She managed to bite back a flirtatious comment. She was a hunter, hunters did not flirt with boys or indeed girls for that matter. In response her mind conjured up unwelcoming images and ideas, dinner, holding hands, cuddling up in front of a roaring fire place. A kiss. The last thought managed to dispell the images, though she found herself with some surprise to be facing him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sorella
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Sun is Filling Up The Room (p)   Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:32 pm

Ian had sighed and put his quiver of arrows back down in the bed of the truck along with his bow. He hopped over the edge and dug in the pile of dust to retrieve his arrows. He walked back and put them in the back of his truck with the rest. "Do ya need help down? I know a water pump near by where we can get some water. I can take a look at your arm for ya." He said with a smile on his face. He was sure Susanna and Timothy would be alright with him bringing an injured girl over to help heal her.

Susanna would probably offer her some refreshments. "We can head back towards the ranch." Ian said.

Karla

PostSubject: Re: The Sun is Filling Up The Room (p)   Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:23 am

She sheathed her blade, annoyed by the unwelcome feeling of vulnerability that came to her as Katy was missing most of her weapons. Not to mention, alone, separated from her fellows. The red haired girl shook her head. "No thanks." Katy clambered out of the truck with all of the grace of a squaddie. She nodded the once. "I'd appreciate that." A thin smile appearing on her features.

"I take it you live here?" The Hunter asked as she observed her surroundings, final able to take it in and properly begin to process it now that she was not fighting for her very life. Katy's armed burned with a fierce pain, she knew her friends would be on the way here soon, or at the very least searching for her.
Surely no harm could come by recovering her strength in one place and healing up? Besides she owed it to the handsome and heroic Ian. He had after all saved her life did he not? It would be rude beyond measure to simply heal up and disappear off. Though that happened to be Katy's logic on the matter, she felt certain it was not tainted by any physical attraction towards him.

There simply could be nothing between them. Ever. The knowledge of that truth hurt far worse than an slash or cut. She was surprised by how such a thought left her feeling considerable disheartened and well sad.
She was a Hunter and he was a boy. Unless she broke her vows or left the Hunters, there could be no life together for either of them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sorella
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Sun is Filling Up The Room (p)   Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:21 am

Once she was out of the bed of the truck he began to walk off towards the water pump at a steady rate. It wasn't far from where they were. It was just inside the fence of the ranch. He led the girl over towards the ranch and when they reached the gate he opened it and held it open for her to pass through. Once she did he closed it again behind him.

"Me? Live here? No. I used to work here when I was younger to help raise money to fund my own schooling later on. I then got a job at a pub and I do bar tending now. However, I come back here as much as I can just to volunteer my time. Susanna and her Timothy are getting older and some tasks are just becoming harder to do. So I come to help out." He said with a smile on his face.

Grabbing a bucket from nearby he put it under the pump and then gestured for her to take a seat in the grass nearby. "I just need to get some water, then I can sit beside ya and heal that arm right up." He said confirming his actions. He began to pump some water out from the well and into the bucket.

Karla

PostSubject: Re: The Sun is Filling Up The Room (p)   Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:22 pm

She flashed him a charming smile as he held the gate open for him. Katy listened quietly. "I see." Though she did not need to pay for her own education, the Hunter had her older comrades within the Hunters to teach her.
"That is nice of you to help them both out." The red haired girl looked at him. "Noble in a kind of way." She was just sorry that he happened to bring trouble their way, hopefully there would be no more monsters coming their way.

She sat down on the grass. "Okay, thank you." Katy told him, watching him as he pumped the water, she admired the way his muscles moved. She found herself staring at him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

The Sun is Filling Up The Room (p)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1