HomeHome       Rules Rules  FAQFAQ  CensusCensus  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Rescue Mission

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
sarenrae
Admin

Coins : 2288

PostSubject: Rescue Mission   Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:43 pm

Ginny sat at the famous pine tree, looking out onto the street that bordered camp. An old van was parked at the side of the road, with the words 'Delphi's Strawberry Service" printed on the side. By her side sat Apollo, who was watching the trees for signs of a squirrel. She had a duffel bag at her feet, filled with the necessary supplies for a mission like this. Strapped to her back was her jian. She was ready for this, she knew it, despite the way her stomach turned.

She had been preparing for this since she got the details. Chloe Pearce, lived in Hells Kitchen in New York City. Ginny was familiar with the neighborhood, although she didn't know it too well. She spent most of her formative years in Harlem, where St. Mary's was and Chinatown, where Christina's dojo was. Still, she was comfortable in New York, which was saying something. She just wished her partner was too.

Sorella
Admin

Coins : 5674

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission   Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:51 pm

This was the first time Lia was going out of camp since the holidays when she went to see her dad. Needless to say the daughter of Iris was pretty ecstatic to be going on a new adventure. Furthermore she was going to help gather a demigod. They were fairly scarce on Satyrs at the moment, so the colourful haired girl was more than happy to help out.

She had her back pack packed and on her shoulders. She carried the essential clothing she needed and medicines that could potentially be needed. Bandages, ambrosia, nectar, the likes of things. Lia also had a small pouch of coins in case any were needed. You never knew what you'd run into. The only weapon the daughter of Iris carried on her was a celestial bronze dagger and even then if she didn't have to, she wouldn't bring it. Lia didn't believe in fighting. It was something she saw a bit in her childhood and she just didn't want to condone it or make it normalized by any means. Lia was much more willing to try and reason with people and be a peacemaker than fight. It seemed to be the best outcome for everyone.

The girl had a skip in her step as she made it up to Thalia's pine. "Hello there camper! You must be Virginia, I'm Lia!" She said with an excited grin on her face and extended her hand out for a handshake.

sarenrae
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission   Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:03 pm

Ginny smiled, although not as widely as Lia. She didn't even think it were possible for someone to be that happy. She shook the girl's hand, saying, "Call me Ginny. And this" She gestured to the golden retriever sitting polietly beside her, "Is Apollo." Apollo's tail wagged when he heard his name.

Ginny picked up her duffel and slung it over her shoulder. "So the camp has given us one of the vans. But it will be faster if we just take the van to Queens and then take the 7 train to Hell's Kitchen." Less of a chance of the van getting jacked too, but Ginny didn't mention that. "I hope you know how to drive." Ginny sure didn't. It made her nervous, and she never had to before. Back in Manhattan, she just took the subway everywhere when she was allowed to leave St. Mary's.

Sorella
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission   Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:18 pm

"Ginny and Apollo, got it!" She said with enthusiasm and then she knelt down to give Apollo a few pets or as she liked to call them 'lovings' and she uttered a few 'good boys' in there before kissing the top of Apollo's head and standing up. She heard the directions about how they were going to get there and the rainbow haired girl nodded. "Okay sounds good, I can definitely drive!" Lia said with confidence and skipped over to the drivers side of the van and opened the door and got into the seat. It had been awhile since she had driven any vehicle. She'd never driven a van before, but there was a first time for everything. It couldn't be that bad could it?

"So anything in particular you like to listen to? I myself am a fan of the radio music, but I'm sure they have some CD's in here or something." She said looking around in the van as she put her seat belt on and adjusted the seat.

sarenrae
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission   Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:49 pm

Apollo wagged his tail even more when Lia pet him. Ginny followed Lia to the van, opening up the back door for Apollo, and then taking a seat in the passenger's seat. She hadn't really been in a car many times in her life, except when she took a taxi somewhere, so she wasn't really used to the whole idea of roadtrip music.

"Whatever works." She said, buckling in and placing her jian and duffel at her feet. In truth, she was excited to go back to Manhattan, it was more of a home to her than any foster home she had lived in. Many things made her nervous, but the city seemed to calm her down.

"Let's go, then."

Sorella
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission   Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:06 pm

Lia shifted through the CDs and she was trying to find something interesting to listen to. She figured she wasn't going to play something girly like the Taylor swift ones she had seen. What would Ginny like? Lia studied her for a few quick seconds as she shifted through more of them. In a few short moments she found something. "Ooh!" She picked the CD and popped the album for Iron Maiden in. Yeah. Ginny had to like it right? The daughter of Iris was just trying.

She turned the key in the ignition and started the van up. She still had it park when she remembered "Oh! I always bring snacks!" Lia said excitedly and she dug around in her bag a little bit before she pulled out a chocolate bar and extended it out to her. "It's nut free in case you have any allergies!" She said with her usual happy smile.

sarenrae
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission   Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:15 pm

The stero started blasting some heavy metal music at full volume, and Ginny jumped. She quickly turned down the volume, a little below a normal volume. She gave Lia an apologetic smile "Sorry, I don't do well with loud noises." She could feel Apollo's nose nudge her elbow, looking for a way to ground her and calm her down a little bit. She pat his head.

"Thanks." Ginny said, accepting the chocolate. "So are you from New York?"

Sorella
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission   Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:36 pm

Lia wasn't expecting the loudness to come from the stereo. She tried to listen to the song, but it was hurting her ears. As Ginny accepted the chocolate bar, her face lit up even more. This was a first in all the times that she had ever offered someone a chocolate bar. The daughter of Iris could hug the girl beside her right now, but today she was going to accept some boundaries. "I have something for you too Apollo!" She said and pulled out a dog treat and placed it on the floor for Apollo.

"No problemo! That's the first time someones accepted one! A very big deal for me, it makes me feel really happy. I try to make others happy as result of it. Happiness is the greatest gift in life you can give someone! Money isn't going to solve problems, fighting isn't going to solve problems, but happiness. Happiness is going to solve problems!" She said with a confirming head nod.

By this point she had to eject the CD from the player. She then picked up a CD from Aqua and put it in. As she skipped to the track she wanted she replied to Ginny. "No. I was born in Oxford, lived there for a couple years as a toddler, then my father moved out and we moved to Los Angeles. We own a nice vegan restaurant. I did all the art work for it. What about you?" She asked and then found the song. The barbie girl song.

"Hiyah Barbie! Hi Ken! You wanna party? Sure Ken!" Lia said along with the tape as she began to drive off the grounds of Camp Half Blood.

sarenrae
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission   Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:59 pm

Apollo gobbled down the treat before Lia even had time to turn around. Ginny smiled at that, which turned into a semi awkward laugh when Lia talked about the chocolate bar. Ginny had never been outside of the state of New York, let alone California or Oxford.

"I'm from New York City. I've lived all over the city. Soho, Washington Heights, Lower Eastside, and Harlem. I know the city pretty well. The good thing is that we won't get lost." Then Lia started playing the barbie girl song and Ginny couldn't help but laugh.

Sorella
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission   Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:12 pm

"Oh that's really cool! I've never really been to New York that much, so I am super glad that you know the area very well. I'm sure we'll get to Chloe in no time! Lets hope she's accepting of what is happening and she's willing to come with us!" Lia said with the smile still plastered on her face as she continued to drive out of the area and finally hit the interstate.

She continued to sing the song for awhile before she turned the music down a bit. She didn't take her eyes off the road, but she opened her mouth to speak. "So, who's your god parent if you don't mind me asking? I always think it's fascinating to see where people have their lineage from. Sometimes they get some traits they never thought they had from them too! I'm a daughter of Iris. I'm not sure if that was evident or not by my rainbow hair. It is naturalish by the way!"

sarenrae
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission   Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:17 pm

Ginny laughed at Lias comment. She herself hadn't been too accepting of what she was, and threatened to stab the satyr who had come to collect her. Hopefully Chloe would be better.

"Morpheus, actually." She was a little less happy at that comment. Her dad was okay, she guessed. She had never actually met him, but he did bring her an awful lot of trouble, and others for that matter. She wished she had gotten the brightly colored hair that Lia received. Much nicer than her dreamwalking.

"I like it," She said about Lia's hair, "Its fun."

Sorella
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission   Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:18 am

"Oh! Morpheus is really cool! Sleeping god right? Does that mean you have some sleeping powers or anything? Those would be cool. Not everyday you meet a child of Morpheus, but I'm glad I have! Us minor god children have to stick together! You meet children of Apollo almost every hour, I swear!" Aurelia said making a joke as she continued to put her foot on the pedal. She was finally getting the hang of driving.

"It changes to any colour randomly at any time. I don't do nothing about it. Although my hair in it's most natural colour is light brown. Which isn't as fun, but I don't mind it!" The daughter of Iris said.

Rescue Mission
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1