HomeHome       Rules Rules  FAQFAQ  CensusCensus  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Cliche

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sorella
Admin

Coins : 5674

PostSubject: Cliche   Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:29 pm

The daughter of Iris had wanted to see Providence for a long time. She had heard quite a bit about it from travelers that had come into the restaurant a lot. She also heard about it when she was learning the different states and their capitals and decided she wanted to see Rhode Island's capital. The other day while hanging out with Robert she had briefly mentioned the different places she wanted to see and he had mentioned he was heading out to Providence soon anyways that he could take her. Without hesitation Lia had agreed and so they had been on their way to his place in Providence.

They had finally arrived about fifteen minutes ago. They set their stuff down and closed the door behind to the condo behind them. She looked around the place. It was a fairly decent place. Lia had no complaints. She tried to imagine Robert living here all alone. He had mentioned that his parents passed when he was younger and he had a family friend take care of him until he was old enough to be on his own. She figured that it must have had to be lonely. Maybe he was just used to that though. Lia wasn't entirely sure.

It wasn't long before the rainbow haired girl sat herself down on the couch before looking over to Robert. "So, what do you want to do for the rest of the day? We can hang out here, and then tomorrow go do something outside." She asked him. She would have been more talkative in this moment, but she couldn't help, but take in the view of the whole place. There was always something that was catching her eye in a different way then it had before.

Metaloneus

Coins : 4228

PostSubject: Re: Cliche   Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:32 pm

Robert wasn't sure what has Lia so excited to come see the capital of Rhode Island. He'd supposed it was still a capital city, on the other side of the country too. He'd guessed California was her home state, and he was right. It wasn't the first time he guessed someone's home state from their tendencies. Still, Lia was a difficult case. Her mannerisms somewhat lined up with California, but not her phrasings or hobbies, necessarily. She was a unique case. She wasn't a genius, but constantly, she would randomly look to him and tell him something almost out of the blue that most of the population didn't know. Robert was hesitant to admit it to himself, but it was one of the most attractive qualities he'd ever seen in a girl. Especially a demigod, whose general population didn't seem too bright in general.

Robert walked into his Condo, leaving his bag on the kitchen table. Sure, it wasn't exactly where it belonged, but the place was spotless otherwise. He glanced over to Lia, who was gazing at the place as if it were a castle, and not a plain, small, Condo. It was one of the most cliche situations he could think of; two people and only one bed. It wasn't too late, but the sun was already close to setting; it just wasn't worth exploring until tomorrow. He didn't have a lot to do before going back to camp, so most of the trip was for Lia anyway.

"It's just a condo, Lia." Robert said, giving her a smile, before joining her on the couch. A split second decision had to be made, middle cushion or end cushion? Apparently, Robert couldn't decide, as he sat in the middle of both, making some room between them, but not as much. Was that weird, he wondered? "What do you wanna do?" He asked.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sorella
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Cliche   Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:39 pm

While she was looking around she had caught a glance with the son of Athena. He mentioned that it was just a condo, but truth be told it was nicer than what she was used to living in. For the longest time her and her father lived in the restaurant. Especially the first few years of opening. It wasn't all bad, they had their ways of dealing with things. Lia besides the fact of living in worse places than this and had seen better, still liked to gaze around.

"That might be so, but new places are always worth taking in."
She assured him. It was true. It was always good to know your surroundings. That was when he noticed when he took a seat. He was sitting relatively close, but Lia didn't really mind at all. When he asked her what she wanted to do, her eyes met up with his as she looked over to him. "Well, we could play a game or something. I'm not sure what, but I bet there's something to play. What do you wanna do?" She asked putting the question back onto the boy as she intently waited for an answer.

Metaloneus

PostSubject: Re: Cliche   Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:49 pm

Robert had only left the continental United States a few times, but he'd seen some beautiful things in his lifetime. He caught himself looking at the girl on the couch, looking at such a simple area with joy and admiration. He truly felt jealousy, once he'd spend so much time with her, he'd come to realize how much he wished he enjoyed every little thing the way Lia did. She didn't even take oxygen for granted. It was one of his favorite things to watch and listen to. He'd found himself looking at her more and more as they'd spent time together. He knew it was bizarre, the sort of thing that you didn't tell other people. Wasn't as odd as that kid Finn that he knew, though.

Robert wasn't sure what he wanted to do. There was the TV, but he'd only kept History, National Geographic, NESN, and the NHL Network on his cable. Not that he was the one paying it anyway, but he had some consideration on how he should spend his inheritance. In addition, Lia just wasn't one of those friends you watched TV with. That would just be blatantly wasteful. "Uh.... truth or dare?" He asked, a game he hadn't played since his first kiss in Middle School.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sorella
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Cliche   Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:56 pm

Lia was studying him as she waited for his reply. He seemed to be thinking for a couple seconds on something to suggest. She understood. Having that kind of pressure wasn't the easiest thing and a lot of people surprisingly weren't the greatest at thinking on their feet, but Lia didn't think that Robert was one of those people. She knew he wasn't. He was one of the most intellectual people she had known. He intrigued her a lot. Made her think about things she hadn't in a long time. Something you didn't find with a lot of people.

When he responded with Truth or Dare, it took her a couple minutes to realize what he had meant. She hadn't heard mention of that game in years. Last was when she heard Amy in the fifth grade talk about how she played it at her birthday party. One Lia wasn't invited to, but it never made her upset, she knew Amy had her reasons. Lia also knew she didn't miss a whole lot by the sounds of what the party was. Lia wasn't the most familiar with the game, but she had played it once before.

"Sure, we can play that. You ask first?"
The daughter of Iris suggested to him as she pushed a few of her rainbow locks out of her face.

Metaloneus

PostSubject: Re: Cliche   Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:05 pm

Robert, in truth, had such massive respect for Lia, even if she looked like she was so silly. Her rainbow locks were so odd, yet, he'd started looking forward to seeing her hair everyday. He looked forward to seeing the same face, and the same locks, but somehow shaded entirely differently. What was even better was that her locks, roots, and everything involved changed organically. You could tell it wasn't dyed, which was ridiculous. In such an odd wonderful way.

With that being said, Truth or Dare was such a screwed up social experiment. Robert had made the offer, but he just hoped he didn't cross any lines with her. He liked her company a lot. "Truth or date?" He asked her, shooting her a grin. Truthfully, he didn't know what he'd say if she asked for a dare. That wasn't his strong suit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sorella
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Cliche   Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:19 pm

While she had moved her rainbow locks they were quite soft today. Lia had seen many girls dye their hair before, but most times it felt dried out and would fade out. Lia's hair never did it. It was always soft and vibrant no matter how long it had been the same colour. The daughter of Iris had never dyed her hair once in her life. It was something she was very pleased about. She remembered the first time her hair had gone rainbow. She was about six years old and her father was braiding her hair for school for her. He noticed that it started to change colour. The shock was a lot, but the two of them definitely got used to it.

Lia continued to watch Robert. When he asked her first, she broke out into a huge grin on her face. "You realize what you just said, right? Because I thought we were going to be playing truth or dare. To answer your question though, if we were playing truth or date, I'd choose date. As for truth or dare, I pick truth!" She said and she was excited to see his response to both of her choices. Robert always intrigued her in the ways he'd respond to things. He wasn't like a lot of people she met. Since day one of meeting Robert, she knew he was different, and for once it made what felt like a lonely world, well, less lonely.

Metaloneus

PostSubject: Re: Cliche   Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:34 pm

Robert's cheeks flushed to just a few shades more pink than they were before, but he would have sworn to a jury of peers under oath that he could feel his face turning as deep crimson as blood. "That's not- Lia, you know I've been practicing Portuguese lately." He was, to be fair, telling the truth. He hadn't been caught up in the idea of dating Lia when he'd said what he did, but, now that the idea was in his mind, surely it would have been a good plan. He broke the eye contact with her for just a moment, quickly rubbing his eyes with his hands before looking back to her, giving just a tilt of his head in response.

"What makes you enjoy the little things in life so much? As if they were everything big?" He asked her, a question he never really had gotten the gall to ask her. And yet, only a moment passed before he abruptly spoke again. "Wait, I changed my mind." He quickly said. "Did you really mean 'date' if we were actually played 'Truth or Date?'" Was that allowed? Could you do take-backs in Truth or Dare? He needed to study the subject matter more carefully next time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sorella
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Cliche   Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:49 pm

Lia couldn't help but giggle a little bit as she noticed the shades on Robert's face change into deeper colours of pink and he mentioned it wasn't what he meant. "I know! Just thought I'd tease you a little bit!" She said with a small smile. The daughter of Iris had been around him a few times as he was practicing Portuguese. In general though, Robert knew multiple languages, something that was truly fascinating. Lia would feel safe with him going almost anywhere in the world at that point.

When he finally asked his question she looked at him still and she was thinking a little bit before she opened her mouth to answer. No words got out before he said he changed his mind. At that point a puzzled look went on her face for a couple seconds before he asked his new question. She didn't play often, so she wasn't sure if you could just change your question, but Lia wasn't too stingy on things like that and she let it pass. The girl with the rainbow hair moved a bit closer to Robert on the couch before she answered. "I really did mean date, if we played 'Truth or Date,' I wouldn't lie to you, not even if most of it was a tease." She said and smile was planted on her face and there to stay.

"Truth or dare?"

Metaloneus

PostSubject: Re: Cliche   Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:58 pm

Robert liked to cram as much knowledge as he could while he was learning; while he'd never attended any sociology classes in high school, he'd done sever studies on the subject. In general, he was able to use basic sociology and psychological skills to read a person based on their tone and body language. However, Lia was so far from the average person, he'd given up a week after knowing her. Needless to say, Robert was scanning every inch of his brain to come up with a hypothesis as to why Lia had moved closer. He'd nearly kicked himself for not choosing the middle cushion earlier; they'd literally be cuddled up based on that movement, if all the same things had happened.

He supposed it still wasn't anything to write home about. Dating was a casual thing in many places; the south of the West Coast being an especially popular place for dating being a very casual thing. But, he now was keeping an eye on the subject. Robert fixed his eyes on her. He didn't feel weird, and it made him feel weird to not feel weird. "Dare." Robert decided to press forward. Lia was too nice to make him do anything too degenerate or dangerous, he figured.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sorella
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Cliche   Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:07 pm

When he responded with dare she had to think a bit. She wasn't expecting him to go for a dare first. Dares in no way were her strong suit. Lia figured that was most of the population that played this game though. The daughter of Iris began to go through her brain on things she could dare him to do. What was there even to dare someone to do in here? There was always daring him to play ding dong ditch on a neighbor or something, but in Lia's experience that could get dangerous at times, and she didn't want to put him in harms way.

"Wasn't expecting you to pick a dare first, you surprise me everyday." Lia said still in her thought process on what she could do, until an idea popped into her mind. The daughter of Iris was almost positive that this was allowed. "I dare you to...Tell me how my response to your question makes you feel." At that moment the girl with rainbow hair almost moved a little closer to the son of Athena, but she managed to stay where she was for the moment and as she watched him waiting for his response.

Metaloneus

PostSubject: Re: Cliche   Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:18 pm

"Tricky loopholes." Robert mused to the daughter of Iris. "We should both feel lucky there's no lawyers around; I think we both have already broken rules." He said, he noticed her shift, ever so slightly. He wasn't sure if she was attempting to move closer or to move away. It made him nervous that things were about to change for the worse. It wasn't like he could avoid her dare either. He decided to just go straight for it, even if he would be thinking mostly on his feet for this one.

"Your answer makes me feel like gathering the courage to break the rule and ask you was the right thing to do. My past aspirations are clouded with uncertainty. My physical well-being is constantly under threat by monsters I've only discovered were real a few months ago. My mind constantly questions whether any of this is real. For the first time since I've found this world out, your answer makes me glad that it is real." Robert wasn't planning half of that. The first sentence was thought up in his head, and then, suddenly it was like his heart took over for him. Which was weird, considering it was an organ controlled by the brain anyway.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sorella
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Cliche   Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:41 pm

The laugh that escaped her lips as the blond haired boy in front of her mentioned the loopholes and lawyers. She felt comfortable with Robert in this moment and just overall period. She felt like she could show him more of who she was and he wouldn't think she was weird for it, well at least not in a bad way. It was one of the first times in a long time that the daughter of Iris felt acceptance and it warmed her soul.

When he finally answered though, her eyes were locked with his the whole time. In that small fraction of a moment when he mentioned how it made him feel, she couldn't help but feel her heart beat faster in her chest. She almost forgot to catch her own breath, the things he said were the sweetest she had heard in a long time. Without even realizing it Lia had moved closer filling the gap between them on the couch and she faced him.

"The reason I enjoy the small things in life as if they were big things is because I've learned you can't take anything for granted. A lot of people can't find enjoy much at all, if you can show them how to enjoy those things spread a bit of happiness, that makes me very happy. I know what it is like to feel very unhappy, and I just don't want anyone to ever have to feel that way if I can help it, so making the small things seem like big things in life just to make someone smile that's what I like." Lia said answering his first question going on a little bit of a ramble.

It wasn't long before she opened her mouth again, "That's my answer to the first question you asked me. Robert, your answer was very sweet, and it makes me feel happy. You're the first person to give me the genuine gift of happiness back without judgement or rejection. That is a gift I will treasure forever." She said and her next movements just happened, she had no preconceived notion it'd happen, but her lips pressed onto his softly.

Metaloneus

PostSubject: Re: Cliche   Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:01 pm

Robert felt their legs touching a moment later, but he looked down still, to see the gap closed between the two of them. One night of stargazing, a few weeks spent together, and one long drive to Providence, and here they were. Robert wondered how he'd gotten so lucky; how he'd happened to be the one Lia saw alone that night, and chose to approach. Whatever it was going on between them in the moment, he knew it was something he liked. He felt things he hadn't before. He didn't think of anything rational, he didn't calculate or consider other factors. It was just him and Lia. And he really liked Lia.

What she'd said to him resonated with him deeply. A revelation that maybe Lia wasn't as naive or unknowing as people thought. That she was aware how people saw her, and continued on anyway, all with rational thought in her head. No matter what someone needed, whether it was a friend, a shoulder to cry on, or someone to judge, Lia provided that to every single person. Robert felt his heart drop, a deep conflict rose in his chest. It shouldn't be Lia's burden in life to keep others happy, he knew that for sure.

He was about to speak, but before he could, suddenly his lips were occupied, Lia's lips on his own. A moment he'd thought about quite a few times, and now, it was reality. He didn't fight it, and he didn't hope it would end soon. He returned gentle pressure on her lips with his own. His right arm gently moved from her leg, up to her back, where gently wrapped it behind her neck, and gently pulled her even closer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sorella
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Cliche   Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:35 pm

Lia wasn't a 'think first, act later' type. She had usually been the other way around and in this moment that proved that further. She couldn't help but feel a closeness to the demigod she was with right now in this moment. Parts of her naive thinking felt like meeting Robert was fate. The fact that night she had decided to go over and speak to him and talk about the stars, it was something you couldn't just force to happen, something that wouldn't happen with just any stranger she had talked to. In her life time of seventeen years, she has spoken to hundreds of people, but yet, Robert was a standout. He always had been since that first day and she knew it then and she knew it now.

The daughter of Iris was into every single moment that they were in right now. There was a bit of fear that had resided in her chest for possible rejection, but it was quickly wiped off as soon as she felt him kiss her back. His touch in all aspects were gentle yet knew what they were doing. She felt them getting closer. Her heart continued to beat in her chest as her lips stayed pressed to his as she also got closer to him. She pulled her lips away slightly, still in range. Lia had to catch her breath for a moment.

"Wow." She said speaking softly and quietly. She didn't have words. A million thoughts and questions were in her head right now, but yet none of them felt important enough to ask in this moment. Right now she felt like she needed to save this moment just few more seconds. Really take it in. She was still a little surprised. Pleasantly surprised.

Metaloneus

PostSubject: Re: Cliche   Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:23 pm

The kiss wasn't like other kisses Robert had had in his lifetime. He was almost regretful of that fact; that if this was the only kiss he'd ever had, he'd still know how much more special it could be than any other person, any other kiss. It didn't last long, sadly, until Lia pulled away. But he didn't get the impression that she backed out for anything negative. When she slightly withdrew, Robert's arm loosened to allow her her space without any sort of fight or restraint. No forced kiss was a good kiss.

"Is... Is that a good 'Wow?'" Robert asked in a whisper. They were still very close, only having withdrawn their lips, but every other aspect remained. He wasn't sure how to read her, which wasn't surprising as usual. Are arm slowly withdrew from behind her neck, his fingertips gently grazed her neck as they came back to his. He'd missed it already.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sorella
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Cliche   Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:32 pm

As she had withdrawn a little bit there was a bit of silence and she could feel him slowly withdrawing too. "It is a good 'wow' I promise." She said again in her soft tone. Lia's heart was still beating within her chest as she was still very close to Robert. She could feel his breath on her and the sensation was something she hadn't felt before. Her own fingertips had managed to run through his hair a bit as they continued down to the nape of his neck. His skin was smooth, but also felt warm, her touch was gentle.

The rainbow haired girl kept her hand there as she pecked his lips with her own before going in for a kiss once more. Her hand had then slipped passed his shoulder as her other one came up and joined her other one. She tried to pull a little gently for suggestion as she kissed the son of Athena again. Lia let her instincts guide her in this situation. As she gently pulled on him she slowly began to lean back onto her side of the couch.

Metaloneus

PostSubject: Re: Cliche   Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:43 pm

An over-happy grin appeared on his face as Lia made the promise that her reaction was a positive one. They stayed close, as close as possible. Then, Lia's fingertips began running through his hair. As her hands made contact with him, he felt his heart begin to pound for the girl. It was like he was becoming nervous somehow, but at the same time, was beginning to feel alive for the first time in ages, as if Lia was awakening a piece of him that had never once been awake. As he felt her fingers on his bare skin, he could feel the hairs on his neck stand, in a moment of utter shock, happiness, and utter glee, no doubt about it. He was in a dream.

Robert followed her, as she pulled him backwards. He made sure to brace his own weight with his legs, while still being as close to Lia as humanly possible. He could feel her warmth, they were so close, and something about the feeling was simply amazing. He returned the kiss, tilting his head slightly, adoring every moment. His left arm gently looped under her neck, to give her head some comfort and support. His other arm slowly adjusted, so that his fingertips could play with her rainbow hair.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sorella
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Cliche   Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:55 pm

She could feel it as an electric pulse running through her veins and her entire body at this point. It was almost like a jolt. Much like she had mentioned earlier, he had give her the true genuine gift of happiness, even in this moment. It was a pure thing to Lia. She felt the butterflies in her stomach, there were a little bit of nerves, but mostly excitement that stirred in the daughter of Iris. This was a lot more different than the usual ways that she was excited. This was a more calm excitement, but yet a more powerful one than she had felt before. This time it was true genuine excitement. Something she could actually feel excited about it.

Lia could feel his arm loop under her neck. The amount of care he had and the gentleness from him. It felt right to her. She could feel him so close. His warmth was something she could only love more. There was a sense of security. Her arms remained where they were for the moment as she put a little more force into her next kiss.

Metaloneus

PostSubject: Re: Cliche   Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:17 pm

Robert loved the feeling of the kiss in its entirety, ever single tiny element worked to make the moment absolutely wonderful. He'd forgotten everything about why they'd come to Providence. As far as he was concerned, the city could wait for them. He especially loved the feeling his her pulling him closer with her arms, a fact that was still true. He loved feeling the pressure of their bodies being pressed together. He felt like he couldn't be pressed against her too much, that it just wasn't possible, that they belonged together; as close as humanly possible. Maybe even closer, he suspected, as Lia continued to kiss him. He couldn't get over it.

When she kissed him slightly harder, a small giggle escaped Robert's throat, only making a tiny noise, as he refused to take his lips away from the daughter of Iris. He liked it, he liked it a lot. He returned the favor, putting even more force than Lia was into the kiss. His hand stopped playing with the tips of her hair, that he loved so much, and went to her neck, gently rubbing his fingertips on her neck, back and forth. He didn't ever want this moment to end, he mused, a figurative grin shining on him through the kiss.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sorella
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Cliche   Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:26 pm

It felt like the world stood still. There was so much going on right now. People living their day to day lives, demigods training and fighting for their lives. None of that even came into mind. None of that was even real anymore. Right now in the moment it was just her and Robert. Nothing that was going on mattered, the reason they initially even came here didn't matter at this point. Lia was feeling more like a human in these moments that was slowly building up with him. The way he had been playing with the tips of her her, to the fact that he was kissing her back. His lips on hers felt like bliss and like nothing else could ever compare to it.

She could hear the smallest noises from Robert which only made her smile. In a few moments she could feel him before more forceful than she had, all the while she could feel his fingertips leave her hair and they were placed on her neck. They were gentle, but Lia could feel her neck was a sensitive spot as he rubbed his fingertips there. There was the tiniest gasp coming passed her lips as they kissed. Her hands began to wander from his neck and they found the hemline of his shirt. She gripped onto it and held it for a moment as her lips pushed against his again. In split moment she began to lift his shirt up trying to take it off.

Cliche
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1