HomeHome       Rules Rules  FAQFAQ  CensusCensus  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

New Pompeii

Go down 
Coins : 4779
PostSubject: New Pompeii   Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:33 pm

Christian's arm was elbow deep into disgusting gutter water, left in a trench over by the aqueduct. His sleeve was rolled up, but he was beginning to lose hope that he was going to get out of this without getting his shirt dirty, even if it was only at the edge of the sleeves. Then, finally, Christian felt something in the grimy water.

"How's that feel?" Lennie asked, sitting behind him. "You know, I could help you if you asked." She left a playful tease for him, until she noticed him get something, and she watched with excitement as he yanked out the slimy image of a teddy bear. Lennie's expression changed from excitement to repulsed. "Is it really worth the effort to clean that up?"

"It is." He replied simply. "Stacey can't sleep without it, and I don't know how to say no." Christian elaborated. "Corinne took her under her wing, but sometimes I wonder if they're guiding each other. Y'know, Lauren used to have one like this, minus the slime anyway. No idea if it made it with her to New Rome. But uh, probably best not to spread that sort of gossip. Especially right now."

"Your secret is safe with me." Lennie promised. She placed a hand on Christian's clean shoulder. "You know, you'd make a hell of a brother, or a dad." She told him, which to Christian roughly translated to 'I'm sorry you got rejected, but there'll be better people.'

"I think my chances of death are a lot higher than finding a nice Roman girl in this day and age." Christian told her, but he shrugged off the sentiments. There was a time and a place, and Christian was hoping he wouldn't to have an affair with the element of Venus for a long time to come.

"Please, acting like 'nice' is your type." Lennie called him out. "Then again, you do spend an awful lot of time with Corinne." She teased. "So, when are you headed to North Dakota?" She asked.

"It was supposed to be next month, but, I made some moves and got clearance to leave tomorrow." Christian told her. He'd begun to wipe the smear off from his arm with his free hand, which waranted a smirk from his Optio. "I originally had Lauren slotted to go with me." Christian told her. "Given recent events, I was wondering if you'd like to take Lauren's spot. I need Corinne to stay and keep an eye on things."

Lennie gave him a look, before it turned into a smile. "I swear, you've nonsense-ed your way all the way through your service." She laughed. "You know I'm in."

"Don't worry, she's gonna do great." Christian replied. He knew Lennie was worried about Corinne and leaving her alone, but Christian wasn't worried. She'd done this before.

"I'd never doubt Corinne." Lennie replied. "I'm just worried that Lauren will give her trouble."

"She's been out to the bars with Laurel twice since things went down. She'll probably just do what she does, and it'll stay quiet."

"Then what?"

"Then we do what you've told us all along. She's either a legionnaire who goes out all the time and breaks rules or she's an optio. Can't be both anymore." Lennie gave him a nod, and the pair continued to make their way outside of Caldecott, where Cliff and Melanie would be waiting for them. Christian was excited to be using the hatchback again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
New Pompeii
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Legends of Fate :: Outside of Camp :: Quests-
Jump to: